It’s official! Your Sunday night is officially booked! Come on over to the Gainsbourg for a Serge Gainsbourg-inspired celebration of local Seattle artist David Lasky. Full details below…spread the word!
David Lasky’s mini-comic, Soixante-Neuf, inspired by the relationship between Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin, will be published in the 2011 Best American Comics. With text composed by former Seattle author and noted music critic Mairead Case, the comic depicts Serge and Jane wandering Paris, looking for each other on the métro, during a film and in a riot.
Soixante-Neuf was originally commissioned by Light in the Attic Records as an insert to their 2010 release of Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin’s J’Taime…Moi Non Plus. Also included in the 2011 Best American Comics is Mr. Lasky’s The Ultimate Graphic Novel (in Six Panels).
The evening will feature:
- David Lasky discussing the creation of Soixante-Neuf, signing 2011 Best American Comics and introducing future projects
- Julia Gfrorer reading from Flesh & Bone, from the 2011 Best American Comics as well as upcoming project Too Dark to See
- Light in The Attic Records spinning Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin tracks
- Wall-sized video projections of Soixante-Neuf, as well as other Gainsbourg-related imagery
- Serge & Jane inspired absinthe drink specials