A Light In The Attic tradition! Each Record Store Day we launch our latest zine and this year we’re proud to present Issue 4. The zine is a showcase for upcoming releases over the next year, plus a great way to find out about other labels and record stores that we love.
Zine 4 includes exlclusive articles and interviews, features on upcoming releases, an updated catalog (with releases on Light In The Attic, Modern Classics Recordings, Future Days Recordings, and Cinewax), the LITA record store map, and old-school zine order form. Please use it! It’s FUN! So how do you get your hands on one? Well, visit your local record shop on Record Store Day (Permanent Records, Origami Vinyl and Amoeba in Los Angeles will have copies in their RSD Tote Bags) to pick up a free copy and also it will come free inside select releases throughout the year.
* Exclusive feature: Ariel Pink chats with Donnie Emerson for our upcoming reissue of Donnie & Joe Emerson’s Dreamin’ Wild album (LITA 082 – out 6/26/12)
* Excerpt from Kevin “Sipreano” Howes’ liner notes for our upcoming reissue of Thin Lizzy’s 1971 self-titled debut
* Excerpt from Andria Liisle’s liner notes for the Wendy Rene anthology After Laughter Comes Tears: Complete Stax & Volt Singles + Rarities 1964-65
* Writer Wyndham Wallace on Lee Hazlewood and LHI as part of our extensive Lee Hazlewood Archive Series
* Pat Thomas on the epic saga of his book and companion soundtrack Listen, Whitey! The Sounds of Black Power 1967-1974
* Andria Lisle in conversation with Al Bell discussing the final years of Stax, as chronicled in our Record Store Day release Never To Be Forgotten: The Flip Side of Stax 1968-74
* Matt Sullivan in conversation with Mercury Rev
* Cover illustration by Drew Christie