Can’t believe that it’s only 4 days until Record Store Day! Like you, we’re busy planning our day to maximise the scoring of all these rad releases this year. And of course, we have to fit in a whole host of Light In The Attic events, DJ sets and giveaways. To help make sense of it all, we’ve collected below all you need to know to add a little LITA to your RSD. For more info about the releases, check out this blog post. See you out there and remember everyone, play nice!
LIGHT IN THE ATTIC – OFFICIAL RECORD STORE DAY RELEASES
Lee Hazlewood – The LHI Years: Singles, Nudes, & Backsides (1968-71) | LITA 084 | 2xLP
* Cuts from essential albums like Cowboy In Sweden
* Features duets with Suzi Jane Hokom, Ann-Margret and Nina Lizell
* Audio re-mastered from original tapes
* Unreleased song “I Just Learned To Run”
* In-depth liner notes & unseen photographs
* 50 random LP copies include a limited LHI Records patch!
v/a - Never To Be Forgotten: The Flip Side of Stax 1968-1974 | LITA 085 | 10x 45rpm Box Set + Book
* Only 4,000 hand-numbered copies worldwide
* Fifteen random copies include autographed photos
* Meticulously remastered from the original tapes
* Ten 45rpm singles featuring original label and sleeve art and housed in a gorgeous custom made magnetic flip-top box
* Extensive 84-page bound booklet brimming with informative interviews with the surviving musicians contained within and liner notes by Memphis writer Andria Lisle, candid photographs, and personal anecdotes from Stax enthusiasts and label veterans Stewart, co-owner Al Bell, and promotions manager Phillip Rauls.
* Includes free Download Card for full set
Memphis Record Store Day Crawl – Memphis, TN (various stores) – 2-6pm
* Celebrating our Stax 45 box set and the great city of Memphis, we’re presenting with Shangri-La Records, Goner Records, and the Stax Museeum of American Soul Music / Satellite Records a Record Store Day Crawl. DJ Buck Wilders, DJ Hot Tub Eric, and DJs Leory and Jones will be spinning rare soul and funk from Stax all through the day. For exact times and more info on the parties, check out this blog post.
Matt & Patrick DJ Set @ Origami Vinyl – Los Angeles, CA – 1-2pm
* Origami Vinyl and The Echo are hosting this event in LA. Bands, records, more bands, more records, etc. It’s gonna be a blast and though we’ll be running around town all day hitting up shops, we’re gonna swoop in and DJ for an hour or so starting at 1pm. We’ll surely be playing a lot of Stax and Lee Hazlewood, in addition to old favorites from the catalog. Stop by and say hi! Share the Facebook event page here. We’ll also be out at Amoeba in Hollywood in the morning passing out donuts, buttons, and the new LITA Zine #4!
Josh Wright DJ Set @ Silver Platters (Northgate), presented by LITA and Fin Records – Seattle, WA – 1-3pm
* Josh is holding down the home front in Seattle this weekend, surely hitting up all our favorite stores in town. He’ll be spinning records at Silver Platters from 1 to 2pm. Fin Records will have J. Pinder spinning from 2:2:30 and Lincoln Barr (of Red Jacket Mine) will be spinning from 2:30 to 3pm. Magnolia Audio/Video in Seattle will provide a great sound system, featuring a Pro-Ject turntable, McIntosh amplification and Martin-Logan speakers! Hans from Magnolia will be on hand to answer questions and talk hi-fi. They’ll also have popcorn and lots of giveaways, so make to so come to our Northgate store on Record Store Day!