We’re hiring! Our Los Angeles office needs a real groovy publicist to help spread the good LITA word through PR and marketing. Check out the job description for full details on the position and instructions on how to apply. We’re really stoked to hear from fantastic, fully-qualified applicants and to soon welcome someone new to our family!
Light In The Attic Records is seeking a senior-level person to spearhead our publicity and marketing division. This is a full-time, salaried position, which includes health care and 401k. The position is based at our Los Feliz office in Los Angeles.
- Generate, coordinate, and oversee publicity relationships by communicating with domestic and international media outlets
- Spearhead creative promotional strategies and marketing plans, along with well-curated publicity mailings for each new release, including tastemaker mailings for both Light InThe Attic titles and distribution titles
- Build partnerships and generate creative events with external organizations both in the music community and beyond
- Strategize and coordinate with in-house Social & Online Marketing Coordinator, the Retail & Sales team, and the Interactive Marketing Director, including brainstorming interesting marketing strategies
- Assist in creating fresh ideas for Deluxe Edition releases
- Oversee online and print advertising
- Create bi-weekly press reports, while verifying release information on all publicity tools including back-end website press pages and one sheets
- 2 to 3 years experience in marketing and/or publicity
- Knowledge of archival music from 1960s to 1990s
- Gusto to get our records the media coverage they deserve from online media to national television
- Strong personal relationships with journalists, media outlets and marketing brands in the United States and around the globe. Individual has a contact database.
- Interest and enthusiasm for non-traditional marketing opportunities
- Must be willing to work in a team environment
- Multi-tasker, able to shift gears quickly while simultaneously handling multiple releases and responding to emails in a timely manner
- Creative and forward thinking, giving each and every release a unique spin
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Los Angeles-based (working full time at Los Feliz office)
- Computer savvy, including knowledge of Google Docs and Word
- Experience with ToDoIst and EverNote a plus
Light In The Attic may be able to aid in the relocation fee for the right candidate.
Please submit cover letter and resume, including 3 to 5 examples of media clips you’ve worked on to email@example.com detailing your background and why you think you’d be a good fit at Light In The Attic.