V/A - There’s A Dream I’ve Been Saving: Lee Hazlewood Industries 1966 – 1971
LITA 109 Box Set (Standard Edition | Deluxe Edition)
Available: November 26, 2013
It has been a slow train coming, but at last the day has come. After 7 intense years in the making, we are proud to announce our long awaited and by far most lavishly expansive packaged project to date: There’s A Dream I’ve Been Saving, commemorating the complete legacy of Lee Hazlewood Industries from 1966-1971.
For more than a year now, we have been reissuing the solo work of this true American moustachioed maverick. Beyond restored versions of Lee’s debut Trouble is a Lonesome Town and the soundtrack A House Safe for Tigers, the lid has also been lifted on the rich, little-explored archives of the label Lee Hazlewood Industries (LHI), when Hazlewood was svengali and super-producer to a stable full of brilliant artists.
This landmark box set is the ultimate artifact for Lee Hazlewood heads new and old, containing a lavishly packaged, expansive 172-page LP sized hard cover book. But every good book deserves a soundtrack and in this case it comes in the form of a four-CD anthology of the LHI label, along with the never-before-released 1970 film Cowboy in Sweden on DVD. The CDs feature Hazlewood songs familiar and less so; surprising covers, doleful duets and little heard LHI gold.
One of the most impressive aspects of the LHI box set is the gorgeous 12”x12” LP sized book (perfect for your record shelf), packed with rare beautiful pictures of Lee, his artists (and the occasional horse). The pages roll out the full story of the LHI label, including interviews with Lee and Suzi Jane Hokum, re-assessments of key Hazlewood albums, and artist profiles for the label’s roster, lovingly written by renowned L.A. music journalist/novelist Jessica Hundley. In the illuminating text, a picture of Hazlewood emerges – fiercely talented, brutally independent, a rare, ornery, ruthless and visionary man.
A Deluxe Edition of the box set contains all of the above housed in a cloth-bound clamshell box with reproductions of LHI-era artifacts including press photos and a reproduction plane ticket used by Hazlewood back in ‘70. But the true icing on the cake is three data discs which include just about every 45 single and every LP ever released on LHI — in both WAV and MP3 formats. At around 17 albums and 72 singles (totaling 305 songs!), that’s a whole lot of Lee.
Only Available For Online Orders:
Limited edition 45 single featuring two previously unreleased songs: For A Day Like Today (take 4) – Suzi Jane Hokom b/w Sweet Ride (demo) – Lee Hazlewood
THE SET INCLUDES:
- 172 Page Hard Cover Book:
- LP-sized cloth bound book with gold foil stamp
- Over 150 rare & unseen photos + In depth essays
- LHI history, album breakdowns, 27 artist profiles, LHI timeline, and interviews with Lee & dozens of label alum.
- Cowboy in Sweden The Film, on DVD (1970, 60 mIns):
- First time available. New digital transfer from the original 16mm master negative at the Swedish Broadcasting Co. Fully restored in HD with re-mastered sound. Region Free.
- 4 CDs (107 Tracks):
- Meticulously Re-mastered. Analog transfers captured at 24-bit/96-kHz. 95% of transfers from original analog master tapes (remainder transferred from mint vinyl).
- DISCS 1 & 2: Everything Lee recorded for LHI, including every 45 single and album (Cowboy in Sweden, Forty, The Cowboy & The Lady, and Requiem For an Almost Lady), plus a handful of unreleased tracks.
- DISCS 3 & 4: Key tracks from the LHI stable of artists, including Suzi Jane Hokom, The Kitchen Cinq, Ann-Margret, Honey Ltd., The International Submarine Band, Arthur, The Aggregation, Sanford Clark, Lynn Castle, The Surprise Package, Virgil Warner, and Hamilton Streetcar, amongst many others.
- 14 unreleased tracks
- From Lee’s Personal ‘Stache:
- Flexi disc featuring unheard Lee ‘studio chatter’ (“Play it like a cowboy song”)
- Reproduction of Lee’s original embossed LHI business card
- 5 random copies include a “Golden Ticket” for a free subscription to Light In The Attic’s Lee Hazlewood Archive Series
DELUXE EDITION EXTRAS:
(Note: Deluxe Edition includes everything above from Standard Edition plus the below extras)
- 3 DVDs (305 Tracks):
- LHI catalog as both WAVs & MP3s (320 Kbps) – covering 17 albums and 140 A&B sides. DVDs exclude The International Submarine Band.
- Meticulously re-mastered
- DISC 1: LHI catalog (MP3 w/ cover art)
- DISC 2: LHI LPs (WAV w/ cover art)
- DISC 3: LHI 45 Singles (WAV w/ label art)
- Cloth Bound Clamshell Box:
- Gold foil stamped and debossed silhouette of Lee
- From The LHI Vault:
- 6 glossy LHI promo photos
- 1970 Hazlewood Airlines ticket
For additional information and complete tracklist visit Click Here!